Thursday, October 28

Match Center

1st Team

Willenhall Town


Stone Old Alleynians

WMRL Premier Division Saturday 15 April @ 3:00 pm
The Lockmen put in a bitterly disappointing performance as a hard-working but limited Stone side easily brushed them aside.
The visitors had two early chances the first falling to Danny Heard on four minutes which produced a weak effort to Harry Radford, the second on eight minutes brought a dangerous cross which was well headed clear by Curtis Ellis.  Corey Pearce broke well on ten minutes and easily brushed off his marker before his attempt to break the deadlock was well saved by Stone keeper Cameron Blics before being hacked clear.  Pearce was then played through by a clever ball forward but again the danger was cleared.  Stone did finally open the scoring on 13 minutes when a clever ball into the box found the unmarked Billy Thorley and he finished across the exposed Harry Radford.  Mark Habbershaw fired high and wide on 18 minutes for the home side and Pearce did likewise for The Lockmen five minutes later.  Stone then threatened on the counter on the half hour, bringing a good save from Radford.  Remie Birch then broke well for Willenhall but his dangerous cross was cleared before on 33 minutes a clever move including half a dozen quick passes opened a path up towards goal only for Pearce’s ball to have too much on it for Habbershaw to reach.  Pearce almost got on the end of a cross but again it was just too far ahead.  Thorley and Sam Wilson both fired narrowly wide in the space of a minute for Stone.  On the stroke of half-time Pearce almost leveled but his attempt was well headed behind for a corner.  Habbershaw’s ball in was dangerous but found only a Stone head and again it was cleared.


The half started quietly with both sides struggling to get forward until the 61st minute when a corner from the visitors saw a header from Danny Heard deflected off the unfortunate Jamal Pinnock and found the net.  Five minutes later and it was 3-0 when another simple ball into the box again found Thorley completely unmarked to score his second. Radford produced another fine save on 72 minutes to keep out Stone before Willenhall had a spell of pressure which saw Pearce’s shot blocked on 77 minutes.   Remie Birch almost netted from a fine Habbershaw cross shortly after, but the ball was again cleared.  Pearce saw another effort blocked before Stone just about capped a miserable day for The Reds when another simple cross wasn’t defended or players marked and Stone skipper Sam Wilson had the freedom of the box to control and pick his place to make it 4-0.

Willenhall Town 0 - 4 Stone Old Alleynians

  • Saturday 15 April 2017 @ 3:00 pm
  • WMRL Premier Division 
Ashley Stewart Liam Wilkinson
Joshua Annakin Reece Chambers

Previous meetings

31 Oct 15 3:00 pm WMRL Premier Stone Old Alleynians v Willenhall Town 2 - 1
16 Apr 16 3:00 pm WMRL Premier Willenhall Town v Stone Old Alleynians 0 - 2
22 Oct 16 3:00 pm WMRL Premier Stone Old Alleynians v Willenhall Town 1 - 1
15 Apr 17 3:00 pm WMRL Premier Willenhall Town v Stone Old Alleynians 0 - 4