Saturday, January 29

Match Center

1st Team

Willenhall Town



WMRL Division One Tuesday 25 September @ 7:45 pm

The Lockmen slipped to an undeserved defeat against local rivals Bustleholme.

Mark Webster was inches wide for the home side after only twelve seconds as the home side attacked from the off. Ben Browne then set up Connor Potts on three minutes but his effort was cleared. The visitors broke from a Willenhall corner on five minutes but they saw the shot fly wide. Webster then broke on nine minutes his excellent play saw him beat his marker and cross, allowing Reece Potts to head to keeper Rikki Danton. Tom Rayson played a clever ball through two minutes later, forcing a corner. Danton fluffed his initial clearance but he was saved by his defence clearing the ball upfield. Reece Potts then swung a free-kick into the box on thirteen minutes, only to see Carl Guinn bundle home both keeper and ball. The visitors had a free-kick on sixteen minutes and eventually forced a corner sixty seconds later. Ben Browne was almost caught out by the bounce but he managed to scramble for a corner. However, when the ball was swung into the six-yard area, it was allowed to bounce and Chris Norton was allowed to poke home. Kapil Kapur saw a shot blocked and Chris Brown curled just too high and wide of the goal on twenty minutes before The Lockmen broke and Guinn won a corner on 21 minutes. Reece Potts took and Webster’s header was a yard over. After the visitors had seen an attack break down after losing possession, Willenhall broke and drew a foul on the right, but again the move broke down and the visitors moved quickly to the other end, winning and wasting the corner. Guinn saw his shot on 28 minutes blocked and cleared before Myles Nettleford forced Chris Adamson into his first real save a minute later after the home side gave the ball away cheaply. The resulting corner was half cleared but visiting skipper Daniel Wood produced a great strike which rattled the angle of post and cross bar. The Lockmen threatened on 32 minutes with Connor Potts firing a low cross in, however, the keeper managed to grab the ball. Brown took a free-kick a minute later for the visitors but it hit the wall. Reece Potts then ran from deep but Danton raced out and brilliantly blocked the effort. As the game entered stoppage-time, Brown made a superb run from half-way through the home defence and hammered a shot into the far top corner.


Great play by Connor Potts, Webster and Browne saw the latter freed and his cross into the danger zone was cleared on 47 minutes. Connor Potts then lobbed homer on 55 minutes after being played through. Willenhall substitute Damian Wood then saw his cross drift just wide on 61 minutes before Tom Lawton cleared off the line seven minutes later as the visitors attacked. Brown then fired at Adamson in the Willenhall goal on 81 minutes as the visitors sensed a third goal. Connor Potts then took a free-kick wide on the right with six minutes left, forcing Danton to tip over. From the same player’s corner, Stearn saw his shot headed off the line. With four minutes left The Lockmen saw another corner cleared before Brown and Jack Whittall played themselves through the Town defence and were both clear on goal for the visitors. Unfortunately, Adamson produced another wonderful block to deny the latter a certain goal at the expense of a corner, which was cleared on 88 minutes. Willenhall then saw a free-kick in the last minute cleared before Wood lashed into the side-netting with the last chance of the game.

Willenhall Town 1 - 2 Bustlehome

  • Tuesday 25 September 2018 @ 7:45 pm
  • WMRL Division One 
Damien Wood Ben Brown
Steve Stearn Carl Guinn
Louis Leach Mark Webster

Previous meetings

27 Jul 16 7:45 pm Friendly Bustlehome v Willenhall Town 3 - 1
12 Aug 17 3:00 pm WMRL DIV1 Bustlehome v Willenhall Town 11 - 0
02 Dec 17 3:00 pm WMRL DIV1 Willenhall Town v Bustlehome 1 - 2
25 Sep 18 7:45 pm WMRL DIV1 Willenhall Town v Bustlehome 1 - 2